The National Irrigation Authority participated in the annual Agricultural Society of Kenya (ASK) Kisumu Regional Show held between July 22, 2019 and July 28, 2019. The show was themed, “Promoting innovation and technology in agriculture and trade”.
From the exhibition and presentation of the various innovations and technologies, NIA managed to scoop a trophy and 8 certificates. It emerged as:
1. The best Co-operative Movement and/or Sacco Stand
2. The best Farm and Dairy exhibitor; milled rice category
3. The second best Farm and Dairy exhibitor; unmasked rice category
4. The second best Agro-Processing Stand
5. The second best stand Exhibiting Agricultural and/or Earth Moving Equipment
6. The second best Seed producing and Marketing Stand
7. The third best Stand that best Interprets the Current Show Theme
8. The third best stand that promotes National Cohesion and Integration Development.
This year, NIA was honoured by the presence of NIA’s Board of Directors Chairman; Hon. Eng. Joshua N. Toro who received the trophy awarded. He congratulated the staff for working together and urged them to take note of the areas in which they had not performed satisfactorily. This way, NIA would perform better in the upcoming Mombasa International Show and Nairobi International Trade Fair to be held in September 4, 2019 to September 8, 2019 and September 30, 2019 to October 6, 2019 respectively.
NIA invites you to the upcoming ASK shows in order for you to learn of the various innovations and technologies that can help make work easier, more rewarding and are affordable and cost-saving.